A huge thank you to those who have paid their school donation this year. To those of you that may be struggling to pay the school donation we understand that you all have varying financial situations. This year the income received from the school donations is down by 15% ($60,000) on the same time last year. The school donation is voluntary but it is a sum of money that the school relies on to provide the high level of education success, cultural & sporting activities that all our students currently enjoy. The school donation is used in many areas within the school.
Examples of these are: –
1. Additional teachers over what the MOE (Ministry of Education) provides for is estimated at $150,000. These additional teachers allow for extra classes. They also allow for additional teaching support for students to enhance their academic progress e.g. student mentoring
2. Additional funding into sports over what the MOE provides estimated at $150,000.
3. Provision of the ICT infrastructure over what the MOE allows for estimated at $100,000.
4. New ICT strategy – providing devices 1:2 for year levels 7 to 10 & the ICT support for this ongoing strategy $80,000.
5. The resourcing of Special Character activities including retreats, Set Free, Chanel Shield, School Chaplain.
A suggestion to assist you to make your voluntary school donation possible is to set up a weekly, fortnightly or monthly automatic payment to the school that will spread the financial cost over the year. If you feel this may be a solution for you please don’t hesitate to contact Mary Walton on 543 9035 or email her on email@example.com & she will be able to assist you.
Ray Scott/Pip Palmer