We are a communication channel between parents, teachers and the school.
We carry out fundraising activities to raise money for:
– Recently we have embarked on a beautification project around the school which has involved the installing of artwork and the redesign of an outdoor area near the Year 7 and 8 block.
– Specific equipment items we see a need for in the school for example in 2008 the PTA purchased lockers for the Year 9 students, the balance not taken up then being offered to the rest of the school.
– Sunshades have also been an area where the PTA has fundraised to help the school provide necessary shade for its students.
– Sponsorship for school sports teams or other school groups, such as the Year 13 Fiji Service trip and the school production.
– Special requests from the school, heads of school faculties or Board of Trustees
– We provide a social network for parents to meet both as members of the PTA and at various social functions we arrange for the school families throughout the year.
Stay in touch via our Facebook page
‘From Our Kitchen’ Cookbook is a high quality and beautifully designed community cookbook that we are producing to make available to our 600+ families to purchase.
We need your support – this is an opportunity for you to contribute to the school community. The book will be full of photographs and family recipes that reflect our community along with health and wellness content. It will be distributed to 3000+ purchasers. The Cookbook will be fundraising for some great resources and opportunities for our students, clubs and codes.
Please follow the link to read more about this opportunity
The PTA meet following the Board of Trustees meeting in the college staff-room. We welcome all new and existing parents from the school community to join us for our meetings to see what the latest happenings are. Our meetings are quite informal and usually include, along with our business, some light-hearted fun.
Friends of the PTA is an increasingly important Parent Support Group
Friends of the PTA are parents who may be unable to attend regular meetings but would be available to help out when and where necessary throughout the year. This is a great way to stay involved in your child’s school but unable to commit to the PTA. An example of where a request could be made is for help with baking or helping out with morning teas after masses. If you would like more information regarding the Friends of the PTA or wish to put your name on the database please email:
The PTA has recently reviewed its policies and procedures to ensure the PTA vision aligns with that of the Senior Management Committee and the Board of Trustees. All activities and events for the year ahead have met with approval and have the support of both of these teams.
The PTA meet following the Board of Trustees meeting at 5pm at the school staffroom and we welcome new members in 2019 . If you don’t have time to attend meetings, become a ‘Friend of the PTA’ – simply e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting dates for 2019
Here is the list of 2019 PTA meetings which are 5.00-7:00pm in the College staffroom.
Tuesday February 19th
Tuesday April 2nd
Tuesday June 4th
Tuesday July 2nd
Tuesday July 23rd
Tuesday August 20th
Tuesday September 3rd
Tuesday October 15th
Tuesday November 12th
Lee-Ann Taylor – Chairperson
Cathy Kerr – Treasurer
Robyn Bruce – Secretary